About The Baker

My photo
Kepala Batas, Penang, Malaysia
Just me, my girl, my spatula & my beat-up old Lumix. It's my happy face, and this is my happy place.

UPDATES

Assalamualaikum & Hello everyone!

It has been a hectic few months for me, so forgive me for not updating much on this blog. Truth is, it's easier to make updates via Facebook and a lot of customers reach me through FB too. The picture albums there are more organized, so head over there for much easier viewing of my previous work, OK.


Now, I've never mentioned it here, but I can also provide special dietary cakes and cupcakes. So if you're in Penang and looking for something vegan (eggless & dairy-free) or gluten-free (no flour) or sugarless/sugar-free, do shoot me an email and we'll talk.

Deliveries to Penang Island and surrounding areas is still available, but due to rising costs, I'll have to increase the delivery charge. You would understand, right? The fuel, time, energy, not to mention, vehicle maintenance, and the worst of all, traffic jams - they can just zap you dry :)

Hugs & kisses to all my loyal customers. Love you guys lots!

Monday, September 20, 2010

HAIL KING AZHAN

For each cake or cupcakes I make, there are important lessons to be learnt. Lesson Number One should be : when you try to convey a message to a customer or a client, make sure they get it! 

Take time, follow up, but not at the last minute. And when you communicate through FB, make sure you hit the 'Reply' button, not the 'Back to Messages' button! Gaahhhhh!

This cake is a surprise from Aisyah to her hubby. I'm so sorry if the crown is far from being king-like, kalau tengok betul-betul, macam princess crown pun ada. I told Aisyah I would try to make the crown stand, and it did momentarily, but I wouldn't be able to close the cake box if it did, so I made the critical decision to just cut of the sides and make it 2D, which was what Aisyah asked for in the first place :(

But I'm grateful to have a customer who wasn't fussy on looks and was very pleased on how the cake tasted. I was told that the cake was a big hit with the birthday boy and the kids.


















Devil's Food Chocolate Cake with very thick & yummy choc ganache.

Thank you Aisyah and Kak Aida, the postman (postwoman? post-person??) and Happy Birthday Azhan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...