About The Baker

My photo
Kepala Batas, Penang, Malaysia
Just me, my girl, my spatula & my beat-up old Lumix. It's my happy face, and this is my happy place.

UPDATES

Assalamualaikum & Hello everyone!

It has been a hectic few months for me, so forgive me for not updating much on this blog. Truth is, it's easier to make updates via Facebook and a lot of customers reach me through FB too. The picture albums there are more organized, so head over there for much easier viewing of my previous work, OK.


Now, I've never mentioned it here, but I can also provide special dietary cakes and cupcakes. So if you're in Penang and looking for something vegan (eggless & dairy-free) or gluten-free (no flour) or sugarless/sugar-free, do shoot me an email and we'll talk.

Deliveries to Penang Island and surrounding areas is still available, but due to rising costs, I'll have to increase the delivery charge. You would understand, right? The fuel, time, energy, not to mention, vehicle maintenance, and the worst of all, traffic jams - they can just zap you dry :)

Hugs & kisses to all my loyal customers. Love you guys lots!

Monday, August 3, 2009

ABOUT LIPLICKIN'!

Salam and hello there dear visitors, welcome to my cupcakery blog. I’ve just jumped into the cupcake business driven by just pure joy of baking treats for other people, so it’s a natural thing to make it more accessible more people! I’m still learning, but I'll make sure that my customers will be getting more of the flavour than just a pretty cupcake.

Liplickin'! is a home-based online cupcakery run by Raggedyanne, who is *gasp* not a certified pastry chef! Just an amateur baker who has a burning passion for cupcakes (burning, haha geddit?) and all things cupcake related - and also has a penchant for sharing with the world her kitchen stories and culinary endeavours (or the lack of it!).

Liplickin'! tries hard not to be your run-of-the-mill online cupcake business by offering fresh flavours and very simple designs (for the time being, hopefully. not a pastry chef, remember?). Although we're all very much in love with the idea of a beautifully decorated thematic cupcake, the philosophy of Liplickin'! inclines towards the classic cupcake look and not something overdone- sometimes a dollop of frosting is all we ever need for a good cupcake! What matters most here at Liplickin'! is the lip -licking taste and the wonderful feeling that you'll get from eating a good cake.


Liplickin'! cupcakes may not win in the looks department, but rest assured that all ingredients used is as fresh and as natural as possible. Each cupcake has a unique name and a story behind it, because when eating a cupcake, sometimes your imagination runs a little while, so feed that imagination!

Liplickin! strives to be experimental in the kitchen and will periodically update the blog with new flavours and ideas. We enjoy a little humour in our lives, so we laugh it off when something funny like a baking hazard happens, coz even the best bakers have bad days!

2 comments:

  1. wow, you certainly are a berry talented cuppycake cup! Those cupcakes looks really good. Ya, when starting a business, we all hope it'll soon pick up. The sooner the better la kan. All the best to you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, yup, thanks leena. i sure do hope it will amount to something, although i'm doing this on the side (still have a day job mah). Good luck to you too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...