About The Baker

My photo
Kepala Batas, Penang, Malaysia
Just me, my girl, my spatula & my beat-up old Lumix. It's my happy face, and this is my happy place.

UPDATES

Assalamualaikum & Hello everyone!

It has been a hectic few months for me, so forgive me for not updating much on this blog. Truth is, it's easier to make updates via Facebook and a lot of customers reach me through FB too. The picture albums there are more organized, so head over there for much easier viewing of my previous work, OK.


Now, I've never mentioned it here, but I can also provide special dietary cakes and cupcakes. So if you're in Penang and looking for something vegan (eggless & dairy-free) or gluten-free (no flour) or sugarless/sugar-free, do shoot me an email and we'll talk.

Deliveries to Penang Island and surrounding areas is still available, but due to rising costs, I'll have to increase the delivery charge. You would understand, right? The fuel, time, energy, not to mention, vehicle maintenance, and the worst of all, traffic jams - they can just zap you dry :)

Hugs & kisses to all my loyal customers. Love you guys lots!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

MY FIRST PRINCESS DOLL CAKE

When I was around 3-4, I had this fixation with princesses. I was probably overdosed on Disney's Sleeping Beauty as I have my standard when it comes to how a princess should look like. She must have long blond hair, wears a long gown, a tiara, gloves, the works. 

And I will torture my aunt, who could have been around 10-11 at the time, to draw me these princesses, the exact same princesses, everyday. All the time. Whenever I feel like it. And what makes her exasperated so much with me was, I never allowed the princesses she drew to have any sense of modern fashion. Like the late Princess Di's short hair for instance.

Now, karma strikes back. My own daughter is obsessed with everything princessy (which I think is a good thing considering she does have the tendency to lose all inhibitions) but thank goodness, she draws her own princesses and only asks for my help when she's having some trouble.

I made this princess doll cake, out of redemption, for my aunt's daughter, Farah. A way of me saying 'Thank you' for all those torturous years and annoyance I inflicted on her.























Red velvet and marble butter cake lepas kena terkam. Crumb coated with cream cheese and frosted with blueberry buttercream. Got great reviews about the cake especially about it's unique taste, they couldn't get enough of it.


















For the party, they were having a cupcake decorating contest, so I supplied them with some mini cuppies and the materials, buttercream, nozzles, sprinkles, etc. I tell ya, it was fun but hard work getting 20+ kiddies under control.


















Farah, the birthday girl.


















Ahmad, the little brother.


















Syamin, the elder sister.


















And this, the winner!

Happy Birthday Fatimatuzzahrah!

2 comments:

  1. hey, not bad at all for first attempt, anne! red velvet tu mengancam betul!!! i pun sellau dok berangan nak buat tp ntah bile nak buat.. hehehhe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thnks edi, comot tomot si barbie tu. eh, pls do, make red velvet! a good recipe is by makcik martha tu. google it up kay

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...