About The Baker

My photo
Kepala Batas, Penang, Malaysia
Just me, my girl, my spatula & my beat-up old Lumix. It's my happy face, and this is my happy place.

UPDATES

Assalamualaikum & Hello everyone!

It has been a hectic few months for me, so forgive me for not updating much on this blog. Truth is, it's easier to make updates via Facebook and a lot of customers reach me through FB too. The picture albums there are more organized, so head over there for much easier viewing of my previous work, OK.


Now, I've never mentioned it here, but I can also provide special dietary cakes and cupcakes. So if you're in Penang and looking for something vegan (eggless & dairy-free) or gluten-free (no flour) or sugarless/sugar-free, do shoot me an email and we'll talk.

Deliveries to Penang Island and surrounding areas is still available, but due to rising costs, I'll have to increase the delivery charge. You would understand, right? The fuel, time, energy, not to mention, vehicle maintenance, and the worst of all, traffic jams - they can just zap you dry :)

Hugs & kisses to all my loyal customers. Love you guys lots!

Friday, July 30, 2010

PINEAPPLES REMIND ME OF BIKINIS

Yeah, seriously. No thanks to Spongebob and his thorny lair. I was this close to naming my pineapple cupcakes 'Bikini Bottom'... though the name does conjure up mental images of Hawaii, bikini babes & summer beaches.

But scrap that name. After getting some suggestion from friends in FB, these sweet pineapple cuppies are aptly named 'Pina Tierra'.

















Both orders were by Kak Liz, a few weeks apart actually. These are pretty old photos, I can't even remember when they were taken.

The days were so warm around that time and chitchatting with Kak Liz on FB about the weather lead us to the creation of my pineapple cupcakes. Kak Liz is the only person I know who's crazy enough to eat pineapple right out of a cold can.

Two weeks after she had my pineapple cupcakes, she asked for an old classic - pineapple upside down cake, simply coz she couldn't find any place selling this cake.

So, thanks Kak Liz, for believing in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...