About The Baker

My photo
Kepala Batas, Penang, Malaysia
Just me, my girl, my spatula & my beat-up old Lumix. It's my happy face, and this is my happy place.

UPDATES

Assalamualaikum & Hello everyone!

It has been a hectic few months for me, so forgive me for not updating much on this blog. Truth is, it's easier to make updates via Facebook and a lot of customers reach me through FB too. The picture albums there are more organized, so head over there for much easier viewing of my previous work, OK.


Now, I've never mentioned it here, but I can also provide special dietary cakes and cupcakes. So if you're in Penang and looking for something vegan (eggless & dairy-free) or gluten-free (no flour) or sugarless/sugar-free, do shoot me an email and we'll talk.

Deliveries to Penang Island and surrounding areas is still available, but due to rising costs, I'll have to increase the delivery charge. You would understand, right? The fuel, time, energy, not to mention, vehicle maintenance, and the worst of all, traffic jams - they can just zap you dry :)

Hugs & kisses to all my loyal customers. Love you guys lots!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

LIPLICKIN' CUPCAKES AT THE BIZ CAFE

Hey all! I'm truly sorry for the long silence.I've been resting since December and now I'm back on track, finding new ways to market my bakes with limited time and resources that I have.  I've been baking for a bit, but not much as before, most of them were experiments. No interesting photos to show either, which is a shame coz I made some pretty good ones, namely chocolate banana cheese cuppies & super fluffy, decadent red velvet cupcakes. None-the-less, do enjoy the ones below!

To help out a friend, I sent a box of cupcakes to her small cafe to see how well they would sell.

















All are chocolate moist based, to be really safe since chocolate seemed to be more well received among cake lovers.
























Top: Black Beauty - Moist choc cake with pink choc chips & strawberry buttercream
2nd: Macho Mod Mint - Moist mint choc cake with peppermint buttercream
3rd: Triple Chocolate - Moist choc cake with choc chips & choc buttercream
4th: Carnivale - Moist choc cake, pink choc chips & blueberry buttercream

All are sold out by Friday. Not bad for first week of business, considering the crowd are mainly during lunch hour.


The following week, I came up with a different variation and interesting combos.

From left: Cinta Coffee, specially named after my darling Yana all the way from HK. Moist Mocha Cake with coffee buttercream. I just love the pure coffee aroma in the buttercream, as I used strong coffee to flavour it. I could have eaten those myself if I didn't have to sell them :)

Next are named Haffa Jaffa. Funny name, eh? It's my own little twist of the Jaffa Cakes that is widely popular in the UK. It's simply a moist choc orange cake with orange buttercream. Next to it is I think, everyone's favourite (except mine) PB & J, moist choc cake, peanut butter buttercream & of course, strawberrry jelly!

The last one is Plain Nutty, a plain moist choc cake with slivers of almonds on top. Perfect for those who aren't partial to sweet frosting. Some people are like that you know. "Alah, I tak boleh makan manis lah..."


All these are selling at RM2.50 each. Cheap hor! Kat KL boleh dapat RM2.50? But I assure you I'd cut my own middle finger, all flavours are yummy to the core. I'm very happy that I can come up with different combos this time and concentrate on flavours again for once, coz I thought that for a while, I've taken too much time making my cupcakes look too pretty to be eaten.


The tiny cafe, but offers a wide range of menu every day. The mango lassi is to die for! Looks kinda bare at the time I took the photos coz my friend hasn't arrived with her special of the day and other breads and cookies for sale. My friend is quite a fair baker, she makes her own cheesecake and chocolate cake slices.


Forgot to write, super duper yummy Liplickin' Cupcakes!

So, what are you waiting for? Go and sample my cupcakes at The Biz Cafe, Ground Floor, Plaza MWE, Farquhar Road. It's right next to City Bayview Hotal, right after the bend where the Maybank branch in located. It's also near the location of the Little Penang Street Market (held every last Sunday of the month).

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...