About The Baker

My photo
Kepala Batas, Penang, Malaysia
Just me, my girl, my spatula & my beat-up old Lumix. It's my happy face, and this is my happy place.

UPDATES

Assalamualaikum & Hello everyone!

It has been a hectic few months for me, so forgive me for not updating much on this blog. Truth is, it's easier to make updates via Facebook and a lot of customers reach me through FB too. The picture albums there are more organized, so head over there for much easier viewing of my previous work, OK.


Now, I've never mentioned it here, but I can also provide special dietary cakes and cupcakes. So if you're in Penang and looking for something vegan (eggless & dairy-free) or gluten-free (no flour) or sugarless/sugar-free, do shoot me an email and we'll talk.

Deliveries to Penang Island and surrounding areas is still available, but due to rising costs, I'll have to increase the delivery charge. You would understand, right? The fuel, time, energy, not to mention, vehicle maintenance, and the worst of all, traffic jams - they can just zap you dry :)

Hugs & kisses to all my loyal customers. Love you guys lots!

Saturday, August 8, 2009

MILLI VANILLA

Hi again. My weekend was a blast, a tiring but a fulfilling one.

These are my cupcakes that I made for a function last Saturday. Do excuse the bad lighting in the pics. The first photo I took, it was still dawn and I had to make a move by 7 am to deliver the cuppies.


This cupcake is named Milli Vanilla, haha inspired by that infamous Germany pop act in the late 80s. It's a mix of vanilla and chocolate cupcakes in a batch with choc chips mix in. The frosting is a new recipe, cookie dough! It's delicious, but a little sweet to my liking, so maybe I'll cut down on the sugar the next time I make this. Simple swirls and topped with mini choc chips. I shall use dual coloured choc chips for this cupcake, I just wanted to finish up my regular mini ones first for this batch.


In the second pic, the lighting was bad as well. The hall was a bit dark (nak jimat letrik kot) and I had to take photos fast-fast as well, coz the guests were ravenous already and ready to pounce on the food!


I don't have a cupcake tier yet, so thank goodness for my aunty's ceramic cookie tier!

P/s: I have come up with a somewhat price list for my cupcakes. Phew, finally. It was hard for me to put a price for my creations. Part of me doesn't want to burden customers with the high cost of making cupcakes from scratch, but I do use premium ingredients and so many other aspects go into the making of these cupcakes. Part of me is also telling that my cupcakes have the value, although they look so simple. The price shall be a guide, but a final quotation shall follow suit your order.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...