About The Baker

My photo
Kepala Batas, Penang, Malaysia
Just me, my girl, my spatula & my beat-up old Lumix. It's my happy face, and this is my happy place.

UPDATES

Assalamualaikum & Hello everyone!

It has been a hectic few months for me, so forgive me for not updating much on this blog. Truth is, it's easier to make updates via Facebook and a lot of customers reach me through FB too. The picture albums there are more organized, so head over there for much easier viewing of my previous work, OK.


Now, I've never mentioned it here, but I can also provide special dietary cakes and cupcakes. So if you're in Penang and looking for something vegan (eggless & dairy-free) or gluten-free (no flour) or sugarless/sugar-free, do shoot me an email and we'll talk.

Deliveries to Penang Island and surrounding areas is still available, but due to rising costs, I'll have to increase the delivery charge. You would understand, right? The fuel, time, energy, not to mention, vehicle maintenance, and the worst of all, traffic jams - they can just zap you dry :)

Hugs & kisses to all my loyal customers. Love you guys lots!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Jong Jong Inai

It was a busy and eventful week for me. I had orders lining up, tonnes of paperwork and chores to do amongst other responsibilities. And to top it off, I had a minor accident while walking to the back of my house to get my dry laundry last Thursday. I won't get into the details but here's a clue anyway, it was a case of 'Jong Jong Inai'. If you know how the rhyme goes (not the hiphop song ah), you'll know what happened to me :)

Anyway, the show must go on. So many people getting engaged, the most important person  which was my dear adik angkat Cik Apple Mint. No matter how exhausted and incapable I felt to go on with this cake, I soldiered on and luckily got some help from my aunt (who is Cik Apple Mint's mak angkat) to rearrange the sugar flowers bouquet for me.

All I had to do was bake the most gorgeous moist chocolate cake, ice it, roll out the fondant and cover the cake (not easy to keep it pristine white!) and trim the edges with a butterfly ribbon. All done by limping all over the kitchen and my work table. Now I know how an orang kelainan upaya feels :(  Allah baru uji sikit...



Simple cake jer ye dik, nama pun sponsor... :D


What a way to end such a crazy week. Balik rumah lepas makan kenduri (nasi putih, gulai ikan kering, ikan talang masin & ulam jer tapi terbaeeeek punyalah! opps lupa, also got bihun goreng straight from the kawah gilababas punya best) terus tidor terbongkang and finally had time to put my injured foot up to recuperate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...