About The Baker

My photo
Kepala Batas, Penang, Malaysia
Just me, my girl, my spatula & my beat-up old Lumix. It's my happy face, and this is my happy place.

UPDATES

Assalamualaikum & Hello everyone!

It has been a hectic few months for me, so forgive me for not updating much on this blog. Truth is, it's easier to make updates via Facebook and a lot of customers reach me through FB too. The picture albums there are more organized, so head over there for much easier viewing of my previous work, OK.


Now, I've never mentioned it here, but I can also provide special dietary cakes and cupcakes. So if you're in Penang and looking for something vegan (eggless & dairy-free) or gluten-free (no flour) or sugarless/sugar-free, do shoot me an email and we'll talk.

Deliveries to Penang Island and surrounding areas is still available, but due to rising costs, I'll have to increase the delivery charge. You would understand, right? The fuel, time, energy, not to mention, vehicle maintenance, and the worst of all, traffic jams - they can just zap you dry :)

Hugs & kisses to all my loyal customers. Love you guys lots!

Friday, December 3, 2010

AMIRA & AZMY

I love the fact that cakes are legitimate gifts at any kind of celebration - especially weddings.

So I made the cake below for a wedding of a VIP's daughter. Rosewater marbled butter cake (no pistachio, out of stock). Sajalah suka-suka kan. Nak bagi hadiah mahal2 takde bajet :D





Posted by Picasa


A cake like this when they've already have their own for as wedding and hantaran cakes? Why not?  An extra cake would always be appreciated, methinks. Most weddings I've been to, the cakes were rarely passed around to the guests after the cake cutting ceremony. If the cake is modest in size, it will be rushed into the house after the cut, which is meant to be saved to family members after the event. Sometimes, as a compensation, guests will get a cupcake or a muffin as wedding favours.

Tapi cupcake/muffin tu biarlah lebih kurang sama kualitinya macam wedding cake yang gah tu. If not, tak payahlah buat cake cutting ceremony depan guests semua. Buat je belah malam ke or any other time, just a small ceremony among family members or small circle of friends.

Or... or or or, do guests really expect to see the bride and groom to cut the cake, and NOT expect to get a piece? Is it just me who feels disappointed when I don't get to taste the cake?

Isk, membebel pulak. Anyway, this is just my two cents (one cent pun tak laku kot). No offense to anyone. But I don't know, is there a code of conduct for cake cutting ceremonies in our culture?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...