About The Baker

My photo
Kepala Batas, Penang, Malaysia
Just me, my girl, my spatula & my beat-up old Lumix. It's my happy face, and this is my happy place.

UPDATES

Assalamualaikum & Hello everyone!

It has been a hectic few months for me, so forgive me for not updating much on this blog. Truth is, it's easier to make updates via Facebook and a lot of customers reach me through FB too. The picture albums there are more organized, so head over there for much easier viewing of my previous work, OK.


Now, I've never mentioned it here, but I can also provide special dietary cakes and cupcakes. So if you're in Penang and looking for something vegan (eggless & dairy-free) or gluten-free (no flour) or sugarless/sugar-free, do shoot me an email and we'll talk.

Deliveries to Penang Island and surrounding areas is still available, but due to rising costs, I'll have to increase the delivery charge. You would understand, right? The fuel, time, energy, not to mention, vehicle maintenance, and the worst of all, traffic jams - they can just zap you dry :)

Hugs & kisses to all my loyal customers. Love you guys lots!

Friday, November 12, 2010

GOLDEN ROSE

Uploading some pics from last week, orders from Yanafuziana of Lensabisu. This girl really has her trust on me coming up with her wedding cake and two sets of hantaran cakes. Crazy, I tell ya.












The design of the cupcakes she sent to me was a little bit more elaborate than this, so this is my simplified version. The focal point in the cupcake sample photo is this huge bouquet of roses, so I used store-bought gumpaste flowers in yellow and painted some edible gold dust to do the trick.
























I'm sooo frustrated the damp weather made my fondant melt and sticky satu macam. Pros out there, how do you overcome this problem? Use gumpaste all the way? But they taste so yucky :(


































'The Italian Job' cuppies... Tiramisu!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...