About The Baker

My photo
Kepala Batas, Penang, Malaysia
Just me, my girl, my spatula & my beat-up old Lumix. It's my happy face, and this is my happy place.

UPDATES

Assalamualaikum & Hello everyone!

It has been a hectic few months for me, so forgive me for not updating much on this blog. Truth is, it's easier to make updates via Facebook and a lot of customers reach me through FB too. The picture albums there are more organized, so head over there for much easier viewing of my previous work, OK.


Now, I've never mentioned it here, but I can also provide special dietary cakes and cupcakes. So if you're in Penang and looking for something vegan (eggless & dairy-free) or gluten-free (no flour) or sugarless/sugar-free, do shoot me an email and we'll talk.

Deliveries to Penang Island and surrounding areas is still available, but due to rising costs, I'll have to increase the delivery charge. You would understand, right? The fuel, time, energy, not to mention, vehicle maintenance, and the worst of all, traffic jams - they can just zap you dry :)

Hugs & kisses to all my loyal customers. Love you guys lots!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

CUPCAKES FOR CHARITY

Assalamualaikum everyone.

Ramadhan is here once again and I've been planning to do this for quite sometime. I've been making this business as a side income and we all know that, for all the blessings and rizq we receive from the Almighty, it is not 100% ours to keep.



















Sebahagian daripada rezeki itu adalah hak orang lain.


So, I'm announcing that 10% of all Liplickin' profit will go to charity. It's not much, but it is a start. I'm really hoping that others can join me to do the same.
















The proceeds will go to a fund for PDK Permatang Damar Laut, Pulau Pinang. The center is run by a good friend of mine, Puan Fatimah Kader Bacha. The fund mentioned is managed under an NGO - DEWANITA Pulau Pinang, a women entrepeneur wing of Dewan Perniagaan Melayu Malaysia Pulau Pinang.




























She needs the fund very badly to run a workshop for the disabled children under her care and to equip them with proper skills and knowledge in different areas of industries and to groom them to be independent entrepreneurs and not just mere workers.  

Though I'm helping here in a small way, I believe that if more people can join me and pledge the same, Puan Fatimah will have enough fund to start with.

Just imagine, if I can only come up with a maximum of RM100, and I can find other bakers for example, to do the same, say 25 people, we've already raised RM2500. Enough to buy some basic ingredients and equipments for Puan Fatimah to teach the kids bake cookies, for example.

Those who dropped by this blog, do help me spread the word around, ya? Those who are interested to join this cause,  please email me at raggedyanne79@gmail.com and I'll give more details.

Ni Aunty Anne nak pergi kempen ni... berniaga sambil beramal.

















My little girl enjoyed her visit to the centre recently and didn't want to go home!

Here's wishing everyone a blessed Ramadhan. Semoga segala amalan kita diberkati dan diterima oleh-Nya.

2 comments:

  1. joe, for normal orders, boleh view pricing tab on the right handside. For special requests, can just email me for a quotation.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...