About The Baker

My photo
Kepala Batas, Penang, Malaysia
Just me, my girl, my spatula & my beat-up old Lumix. It's my happy face, and this is my happy place.

UPDATES

Assalamualaikum & Hello everyone!

It has been a hectic few months for me, so forgive me for not updating much on this blog. Truth is, it's easier to make updates via Facebook and a lot of customers reach me through FB too. The picture albums there are more organized, so head over there for much easier viewing of my previous work, OK.


Now, I've never mentioned it here, but I can also provide special dietary cakes and cupcakes. So if you're in Penang and looking for something vegan (eggless & dairy-free) or gluten-free (no flour) or sugarless/sugar-free, do shoot me an email and we'll talk.

Deliveries to Penang Island and surrounding areas is still available, but due to rising costs, I'll have to increase the delivery charge. You would understand, right? The fuel, time, energy, not to mention, vehicle maintenance, and the worst of all, traffic jams - they can just zap you dry :)

Hugs & kisses to all my loyal customers. Love you guys lots!

Thursday, June 17, 2010

THE 'LESS-IS-MORE' CAKE

An old school friend was about to get married last week and requested a simple chocolate as a 'hantaran'. Masnita's exact specifications were 1) the cake must be good and (2) the theme is black and white and (3) less is more.

Hmm... truth be told, being a simple person even, I had quite a hard time settling on a simple design on the cake and still make it look presentable on a dulang hantaran.
















Flavour is moist chocolate cake filled and frosted with dark and luxurious chocolate ganache, sprinkled with white chocolate shavings.























The gorgeous and meletops habis bride and groom. My daughter Nunu couldn't take her eyes off you, Ita. And the lauk pauk kenduri hasil gotong-royong orang kampung was just superb okeh. Memang puas hati dapat makan eventhough nak compare dengan presentation yang catering punya tapi bila bab taste, hampeh. Tasteless!

Selamat Pengantin Baru, Ita & Eddy. Semoga berbahagia ke anak cucu!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...