About The Baker

My photo
Kepala Batas, Penang, Malaysia
Just me, my girl, my spatula & my beat-up old Lumix. It's my happy face, and this is my happy place.

UPDATES

Assalamualaikum & Hello everyone!

It has been a hectic few months for me, so forgive me for not updating much on this blog. Truth is, it's easier to make updates via Facebook and a lot of customers reach me through FB too. The picture albums there are more organized, so head over there for much easier viewing of my previous work, OK.


Now, I've never mentioned it here, but I can also provide special dietary cakes and cupcakes. So if you're in Penang and looking for something vegan (eggless & dairy-free) or gluten-free (no flour) or sugarless/sugar-free, do shoot me an email and we'll talk.

Deliveries to Penang Island and surrounding areas is still available, but due to rising costs, I'll have to increase the delivery charge. You would understand, right? The fuel, time, energy, not to mention, vehicle maintenance, and the worst of all, traffic jams - they can just zap you dry :)

Hugs & kisses to all my loyal customers. Love you guys lots!

Sunday, September 6, 2009

MY BONNIE LIES OVER THE OCEAN

For the first time, I received an order from a total stranger via internet. Ieda requested for a nautical (not nottical ok) theme as a surprise for her husband who's a naval engineer.
Thank goodness I have a very understanding and non-fussy customer who has trust me completely with the deco despite my shortcomings and inexperience. This is the best that I came up with.


M25 pieces of a mix of chocolate and chocolate mint with a mix of vanilla and mint buttercream. I didn't mix the colours in the blue and white buttercream thoroughly to get a better 'ocean' effect, but somehow I doesn't really show in the photos. They all look so blue in here, don't they?



A lifesaver using what else, a tiny minty lifesaver of course! But here in Malaysia it's best known as Polo, a staple candy during my SPM week, donkey years ago!


 Those pinky bits are supposed to be red in colour, but I'm a little wimpy when it comes to food colouring, hehe. Somewhere in here lies a hidden treasure, strawberry jam filling!


Used those pinky bits of fondant for the lettering too. A good turn out I must say, considering that I'm only using a cheap alphabet cookie cutter!

To the very lovely and bubbly Ieda, thank you soooo much for your order. You have no idea how much this means to me, although I had to travel nearly an hour plus to find your home, it was all very worth it (forgot to tell you that Sg. Kechil is my hubby's birth place!). The short travel allowed me to wind down from all the stress I was having that Friday morning. Hope you guys enjoyed my creation yang tak seberapa tu.

OK, now let's sing!
My bonnie lies over the ocean
My bonnie lies over the sea....
My bonnie lies over the ocean
Oh bring back my bonnie to me....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...