About The Baker

My photo
Kepala Batas, Penang, Malaysia
Just me, my girl, my spatula & my beat-up old Lumix. It's my happy face, and this is my happy place.

UPDATES

Assalamualaikum & Hello everyone!

It has been a hectic few months for me, so forgive me for not updating much on this blog. Truth is, it's easier to make updates via Facebook and a lot of customers reach me through FB too. The picture albums there are more organized, so head over there for much easier viewing of my previous work, OK.


Now, I've never mentioned it here, but I can also provide special dietary cakes and cupcakes. So if you're in Penang and looking for something vegan (eggless & dairy-free) or gluten-free (no flour) or sugarless/sugar-free, do shoot me an email and we'll talk.

Deliveries to Penang Island and surrounding areas is still available, but due to rising costs, I'll have to increase the delivery charge. You would understand, right? The fuel, time, energy, not to mention, vehicle maintenance, and the worst of all, traffic jams - they can just zap you dry :)

Hugs & kisses to all my loyal customers. Love you guys lots!

Monday, September 28, 2009

12 CARROT GOLD

One of the cupcake flavours that I've always wanted to try is carrot walnut and raisins. And so when a friend (in KL, mind you) wanted to try out my cupcakes and was open to try out new flavours( how brave), this is the outcome!

Carrot-walnut and white chocolate cupcakes. I planned to put in the raisins, unfortunately, we've used up all the raisins for our nasi beriani the day before. Fear not, coz I've found an even better alternative to add a little sweetness to the carroty concoction - white chocolate!



If you squint closely enough, you'll see chopped white chocolates peeking through the cream cheese frosting, simply topped with cinnamon sugar.



















These delightful dozen were packed and delivered via a cupcake 'mule' who boarded a flight back to KL, who must have felt rather silly for toting a dainty paper bag around as a carry-on luggage (punah image macho).

Jokes of these cupcakes being confiscated by custom officials aside (whom we think would devour them to make sure there were no 'cokes' inside), I'm glad that they all survived and were handed to you the next day (yes, you don't have my complete trust, my brother) .

Thank you so much Lynn, you have no idea how honoured I feel for the special order.

2 comments:

  1. thank YOU, for indulging me! nasib baik tak kempunan.. hihihi ;) much love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my pleasure, dear. so u think this recipe boleh masuk menu? arif dah so slim skarang, what diet is he on eh? i mean, apart from all the exercise lah

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...