About The Baker

My photo
Kepala Batas, Penang, Malaysia
Just me, my girl, my spatula & my beat-up old Lumix. It's my happy face, and this is my happy place.

UPDATES

Assalamualaikum & Hello everyone!

It has been a hectic few months for me, so forgive me for not updating much on this blog. Truth is, it's easier to make updates via Facebook and a lot of customers reach me through FB too. The picture albums there are more organized, so head over there for much easier viewing of my previous work, OK.


Now, I've never mentioned it here, but I can also provide special dietary cakes and cupcakes. So if you're in Penang and looking for something vegan (eggless & dairy-free) or gluten-free (no flour) or sugarless/sugar-free, do shoot me an email and we'll talk.

Deliveries to Penang Island and surrounding areas is still available, but due to rising costs, I'll have to increase the delivery charge. You would understand, right? The fuel, time, energy, not to mention, vehicle maintenance, and the worst of all, traffic jams - they can just zap you dry :)

Hugs & kisses to all my loyal customers. Love you guys lots!

Saturday, August 15, 2009

SCHOOL DAZE

Last Tuesday, on a whim, you can say I 'committed suicide' by trying to sell my cupcakes at a school function in Prai. It was risky, but somehow I needed the adrenaline rush!

To keep costs very low so that kids can afford my cuppies, I used a base of krimwell for my frosting, and I still think they taste pretty good. They held up quite well too under the hot weather.



On top tier are chocolate cuppies with cookie dough frosting, second tier coconut cupcakes, lemon cupcakes and vanilla with vanilla buttercream (bottom). I made around 50 plus of these small cuppies, selling at RM1 each.

If only I didn't have to get my behind back to my office by noon, I couldn't have sold all my cupcakes. I arrived at the school around 10 am and had to leave by 11.30 am. But it didn't matter that the coconut ones weren't such a hit with the students (they don't know what they're missing!) but at least I know chocolate cuppies are sure bestsellers. The remaining dozen cupcakes or so were sent somewhere else (will post about this place soon) and to my relief, were sold out by Friday.



Surrounded by these friendly young people makes me think and feel young! These girls who helped me with my little makeshift stall were rewarded with a cupcake each. I had so much fun chatting with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...