About The Baker

My photo
Kepala Batas, Penang, Malaysia
Just me, my girl, my spatula & my beat-up old Lumix. It's my happy face, and this is my happy place.

UPDATES

Assalamualaikum & Hello everyone!

It has been a hectic few months for me, so forgive me for not updating much on this blog. Truth is, it's easier to make updates via Facebook and a lot of customers reach me through FB too. The picture albums there are more organized, so head over there for much easier viewing of my previous work, OK.


Now, I've never mentioned it here, but I can also provide special dietary cakes and cupcakes. So if you're in Penang and looking for something vegan (eggless & dairy-free) or gluten-free (no flour) or sugarless/sugar-free, do shoot me an email and we'll talk.

Deliveries to Penang Island and surrounding areas is still available, but due to rising costs, I'll have to increase the delivery charge. You would understand, right? The fuel, time, energy, not to mention, vehicle maintenance, and the worst of all, traffic jams - they can just zap you dry :)

Hugs & kisses to all my loyal customers. Love you guys lots!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

BIG ORDER

I thought that if I could come up with more than a 100 pcs of 8 different types of large cupcakes in one night, 24 pcs of 4 types should be no sweat, right?

Wrong! Sweat I did! The strawberries that I got from Tesco were lousy and most of them were badly bruised. No wonder they were so cheap!


Strawberry cupcakes piped with strawberry jam flavoured buttercream frosting. Sedap, tak tipu. The colour wasn't so vibrant coz I prefer to go easy on the coloring on most of my frosting.


Initially I planned to put whole strawberries on the cupcakes, but they're only fit to be eaten if I halve them up. Sorry Kak Wati , I hope you were not let down, and thank you sooooo much for your wonderful feedback.


Coco-kaya-nutties were ordered by Kak Ton. This time I used kaya flavoured buttercream, and I must say, this combination works better than the Italian buttercream that I used before. Definitely a keeper, this frosting. And I also included some coconut milk in the cake to substitute the low fat milk that I usually use, so you can imagine how sinful these cupcakes are!


This one is called 'Chips off the Old Choc' - haha, funny or not? It's basically chocolate moist cupcakes filled with choc chips mix-in, with chocolate buttercream and sprinkled with dual coloured choc chips and choc rice, for Kak Ienan. Strictly for die-hard chocoholics!


Last but not least, the baby of the lot, Salmi ordered LBD for herself.

When I sent these orders to their office, it felt so great when they gushed over them as if they're so precious (padahal plain-looking saja). I was looking forward to see them eat my cupcakes right before me so that I can get some honest feedback, but what they did was to trade in their cupcakes with one another so that the four of them will get different types in their boxes, and would only eat their loot when they get back home! Genius right.

Thank you soooo much for the generous order, you guys! I'm so glad with the rave reviews I'm getting. Order for raya still open, so book fast fast. I know you people are reading this, so tolong komen sikit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...